We love LOVE - Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for your Littlest Love
Valentine's Day is fast approaching...I'm pretty sure I was just wrapping Christmas Gifts yesterday but turns out that the days have moved on a lot quicker than that!
I spoke about why we have decided to celebrate Valentine's Day in our house here.
We have been crafting up a storm in our house this past week, preparing for a love filled day by spreading the love to our friends and family. We will share some of the craft ideas we have tried out as well as some special downloads for you to try at home later this week. While we craft, I encourage discussions about our friends and family and try to stimulate some thoughts about why we value them and provide some meaning behind our gift giving.
If your family celebrates this love filled day in a similar way to ours, we have some special gift idea suggestions ranging from cute little metal tins that you can fill with lots of crafty goodies, special treats or tiny treasures.
1. A special collaboration with Polka Dot Club and Misha and Puff, this Persimmon Cuddling Rabbit is the perfect shade of red. This really is a special piece that will become a treasured heirloom in years to come.
2. Any of our Hazel Village animals can be personalised with the addition of a hand embroidered monogram - we embroider a heart and up to three letters in the colours of your choice to make a beautiful, customised gift.
3. These Sweetheart Tin Boxes are great for storing little treats - I could imagine some chocolates in these.
4. Some children like the hold something close, a little friend to provide support and unconditional love when they are feeling out of their depths with their emotions or in an unfamiliar situation. This little My Rabbit is the perfect size to provide a bit of a cuddle and pop into a pocket to keep them feeling safe and a reminder they are loved.
5. These Metal tins come in a pack of 2 and are the perfect size for storing little treasures, hair accessories or yummy treats. I can't go past those adorable piggies, but my daughter has her eyes on the bunny ones.
6. These pretty little butterfly hair clips come in the perfect shade of deep red. Not only are they cute to pop in the hair, they have also stimulated some imaginary play games here in our house. The detail on these ones is amazing, not to mention that beautiful velvet fabric.
If you were wanting some more ideas - we have plenty over at our Valentine's Day Collection.
We will be travelling on Valentine's Day, but my daughter will be opening up the bunny tins that will have this adorable little hedgehog inside one and chocolates in the other to keep her amused on the plane ride.
I know our tins will get filled with lots of treasures around the house and become part of a favourite game of our daughter's called 'It's your birthday' where we all receive a special gift (usually a toy she owns) wrapped in a blanket, towel, shoved into a box or anything that resembles these items.
I would love to know if you celebrate Valentine's Day in your family.
Do you do a family adventure? Try to keep it to the grown ups? Are there any special gifts you have your eye on for yourself (I want to get some ideas to wave past the husband's eyes ;) ).
- Adrian Munro