Wild & Whimsical Things Valentine's Day DIY Banner
If you are looking for a fun and quick activity to do with your little ones (or just by yourself), we have created a little DIY Valentine's Day banner. You won't need very many supplies and most people will have these things lying around the house.
What you need:
- Wild & Whimsical Things Valentine's Day DIY Banner download.
- Printer and paper or cardstock. We just used some regular old printer paper. You could use cardstock if you are looking for something to last a little longer.
- Colour pencils, textas or crayons. Or you can just leave them blank, going for the monochrome look ;)
- Scissors - make sure an adult is supervising if younger ones are going to give this ago. There are some tricky shapes in this, so it might be suited to those that well and truly know their way around using scissors.
- Sticky tape
- String. We had some leftover from Christmas, but try and reuse some old string you might have or raid your baking twine if you happen to have this.
Once you have coloured it all in, or if you are leaving it blank, cut out all of the shapes.
Arrange the heart shapes in a line, placing them in the order you want to hang them and space them out evenly (we used about a two finger width between ours). Once you are happy with your arrangement, turn them all face down. Take your piece of string and measure it along the line of heart shapes, ensuring you have left enough string at each end to hang it up. Pop a little bit of sticky tape over the back of the shape to secure the string in place.
Done! A pretty string of hearts.
We have done about seven of these so far and will be sending them off to friends (or according to my daughter, just to hang on to them here and 'play' with them). If you are feeling really crafty, you could also print it onto a sticker sheet and create your own stickers!
We would love to know if you enjoyed this download or if you happen to share your pieces online, please tag us and use the #wwtartsandcrafts hashtag so we can see where they all end up :)
P.S. We will be sending a little Valentine's Day card download to all of our Newsletter subscribers soon, so if you're not on our list yet and you would love to see some more craft stuff from us, pop down to the bottom of our page and sign up.
- Adrian Munro